ENGLEWOOD — The Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) SkillsUSA Chapter II and III held their first meeting on Sept. 24..
The meeting shared the different elements of the SkillsUSA emblem, and guest speaker, Rayna Huffman (2015 Graphic Commercial Art Graduate and SkillsUSA National Competition Top Five), gave a speech about what it means to be a leader. Her speech focused on the individual values depicted with the acronym “T.H.I.S.”- Teach ability, Humility, Involvement, and Self-discipline As in T.H.I.S. is the key to being a great leader.
The new SkillsUSA Chapter II officers for the 2015-2016 school year are:
• President – Austin Elliot (Digital Design) West Carrollton.
• Vice President – Alexandria Pompeii (Aviation Maintenance Technology) Northmont.
• Secretary – Haley Masters (Graphic Commercial Photography) Wayne/Huber Heights.
• Reporter – Casey Linder (Graphic Commercial Art) Valley View.
• Treasurer – Mike Lee (Aviation Maintenance Technology) Arcanum.
• Parliamentarian – Mekenna Norris (Graphic Commercial Art) Eaton.
• Historian – Reagan Deranek-Williams (Graphic Commercial Art) Valley View.
• Ambassador – Nathaniel McDade (Aviation Maintenance Technology) Miamisburg.
SkillsUSA improves the quality of America’s skilled workforce through a structured program of citizenship, leadership, employability, technical and professional skills training. SkillsUSA enhances the lives and careers of students, instructors and industry representatives as they strive to be champions at work.
SkillsUSA serves more than 300,000 students and instructors annually.
The organization has 13,000 school chapters in 54 state and territorial associations. More than 14,500 instructors and administrators are professional members of SkillsUSA.
For over 40-years, MVCTC has been providing career technical education for 27 partner school districts encompassing five counties in Southwest Ohio. MVCTC is dedicated to providing in-demand workforce training for youth, adults, and organizations in the Miami Valley.
For more information about MVCTC, visit www.mvctc.com or follow MVCTC on Facebook (Facebook.com/MVCTC) or Twitter (Twitter.com/MVCTC). For more information about SkillsUSA, visit http://www.skillsusa.org.