HUBER HEIGHTS — The Huber Heights Board of Education has received seven applications to fill the vacant seat following the resignation by Board Member Krista Tipton.
Sunday was the deadline to receive applications. On Monday, this newspaper received the application materials for all seven candidates.
The candidates are:
- Charles Doran, owner of Far Hills Development dba as Lee’s/Arby’s Restaurants
- Steve Easterling, Planning Assistant Manager at Aida-America Corporation
- Robin Harris, Licensed Real Estate Appraiser Harris Appraisal Services
- Kari Hupp, Self Employed as an Avon Team Leader and Sales Representative
- Tyler Starline, Attorney at Nowicki & Vonderwell and Huber Heights City Councilman
- Craig This, Director of the Office of Institutional Research at Wright State University
- David Wilson, Buyer/Planner, Rose City Manufacturing
If Starline is selected, he has said in a Facebook post that he will resign from City Council.
Tipton resigned from the Board of Education in January citing changing “family dynamics” since she ran for office.
The Board of Education will meet in executive session on Tuesday to discuss the seven candidates and to appoint one of them to full the remainder of Tipton’s term.
Reach Darrell Wacker at 937-684-8983 or on Twitter @HH_Courier.