DAYTON — Students from across the Miami Valley area submitted more than 1,000 posters for consideration in the annual AAA Traffic Safety Poster Contest.
AAA has hosted the poster contest for many decades to stimulate creativity in students while teaching them life-saving traffic safety messages. Students showcase their artistic talents and traffic safety knowledge through hand-drawn or digitally-designed posters.
First, second and third place winners were chosen in four divisions: Grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12. AAA awarded nearly $3,000 using a three-tier prize structure with cash prizes awarded to the winning students, as well as their teachers and the schools they represent – first place award is $100, second place is $75 and third place winners receive $50.
AAA hosted a Gallery Exhibit and reception for the student artists, their families, and school officials Thursday, March 16 at the Dayton Art Institute. Winning posters from all four divisions were showcased at the gallery exhibit and reception.
Winning students, their families and school representatives from the following school districts will be represented:
Virginia Stevenson Elementary School/ Mad River Local Schools: first place
Normandy Elementary School/Centerville City Schools: second place
Valley Elementary School/Beavercreek City Schools: third place
Rolling Hills Elementary School/Northeastern Local Schools: first and second place
Valley Forge Elementary School/Huber Heights City Schools: third place
Greenon Jr. High/Greenon Local School District: first place
Eaton Middle School/Eaton Community Schools: second place
Piqua Jr. High School/Piqua City Schools: third place
Kettering Fairmont High School/Kettering City School District: first and second place
Springfield Clark CTC/Springfield-Clark County Region: third place
In addition students from the following schools received honorable mentions and also had their artwork displayed:
• Ansonia Elementary School/Ansonia Local Schools
• Cleveland Pre K-6/Dayton Public Schools
• David H. Ponitz Career Tech Center/Dayton Public Schools
• Dayton Boys Prep Academy/Dayton Public Schools
• Eaton Middle School/Eaton Community Schools
• Fairmont High School/Kettering City School District
• Greenon Jr. High School/Greenon Local School District
• Harold Schnell Elementary/West Carrollton City Schools
• Indian Valley Intermediate School/Greenon Local School District
• Kettering Middle School/Kettering City Schools
• Monticello Elementary School/Huber Heights City Schools
• Piqua Jr. High/Piqua City Schools
• Rolling Hills Elementary/Northeastern Local Schools
• Valley Forge Elementary/Huber Heights City Schools
Reach AAA Miami Valley at (937) 224-2875 or visit AAA.com
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU