NASHVILLE – Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) students joined more than 7,500 FCCLA student leaders, members, and advisers at the Music City Center in Nashville, TN, July 2nd-6th to participate in the annual FCCLA National Leadership Conference (NLC).
The conference provided MVCTC students opportunities for listening to inspiring speakers, attending learning sessions, competing on the national level, and networking with other leaders. The theme of this year’s conference was “Unlimited Possibilities,” which inspired attendees to discover the unlimited possibilities within their reach while exploring career opportunities, developing leadership skills, and growing personally while making difference in their families and communities.
“We were thrilled to have an attendance of over 7,500 members, advisers, partners, and guests who were committed to discovering the unlimited possibilities available through FCCLA. The relationships and skills developed during this conference have inspired students to make a difference in their own communities and to discover the unlimited possibilities within their reach,” said Sandy Spavone, executive director of Family, Career and Community Leaders of America.
MVCTC students winning awards at the national competition include:
- Early Childhood Education seniors Alexis Adkins (Miami East), Ally Ratzel (Northmont), and Lydia Russell (Valley View) received a gold rating in Chapter Service Display
- Early Childhood Education juniors Olivia Mett (Valley View), Tanner Marburger (Brookville), and Ryleigh Abney (Miamisburg) received a gold rating in Chapter Service Portfolio
- Early Childhood Education senior, Abigail Adkins (Eaton) received a silver rating in Illustrated Talk
- Early Childhood Education seniors Alexis Bellomy (Wayne) and Aaliyah Briner (Ansonia) received a gold rating in Life Event Planning.
- Early Childhood Education senior, Shayla Stephan (Arcanum) receive a gold rating for the Career Investigation contest
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) is a dynamic and effective career and technical student organization that helps young men and women become leaders and address important personal, family, work, and societal issues through Family and Consumer Sciences education. FCCLA has more than 164,000 members and more than 5,300 chapters from 49 state associations, in addition to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU