TIPP CITY – Employee’s in the Tri-Cities North Regional Wastewater Authority (TCA) were honored by the Auditor of State’s office on Thursday.
Joe Braden, a representative of the Auditor, presented TCA with the Auditor of State Award with Distinction.
“Only around 300 entities qualify for this award out of 6,000 around the state,” said Braden.
The award was announced this summer for fiscal year 2015.
TCA is a joint venture of the cities of Huber Heights, Vandalia, and Tipp City.
The Auditor of State Award with Distinction is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in the form of a CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
The entity’s management letter can also contain no comments regarding:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
- No other financial or other concerns exist that involve eligible entity.
“Taxpayers expect accurate financial records from their local governments,” Auditor Yost said. “Tri-Cities’ dedication to accountability is evident.”
Reach Darrell Wacker at 937-684-8983 or on Twitter @VandaliaDrummer.