Firefighters respond to two fires on Saturday


HUBER HEIGHTS —The Huber Heights Fire Division responded to a pair of fires on Saturday, Oct. 10, one an attic fire, and the other, a barn fire.

At around 3 p.m., crews responded to 4532 Kapp Drive after the residents were cleaning their garage and noticed smoke lisping from the ridge line of the roof and called 911.

According to Battalion Chief Mike Muhl, no smoke detectors were activated because the fire was contained in the attic in a smoldering state as the smoke was not intense enough to drop into the residence and activate the detectors.

Muhl said fire damage was mininal, with loss contained at about $4000 to the contents and structure. He said the fire was the result of overloaded circuitry related to wiring.

Crews from Huber Heights, Dayton and Riverside responded.

Crews also responded to 7236 New Carlisle Pike about 9 a.m. Saturday for a fire in an outbuilding or barn. Neighbors spotted the flames from across the street and called 911. The residents were inside their home preparing to eat dinner and were not aware of the fire until they heard neighbors knocking on their door, according to Muhl.

The fire resulted in $10,000 damage to the contents and $3000 damage to the building. Muhl said the cause of this fire was also determined to be electrical in nature. This involved an overloaded or faulty circuitry from a power feed that ran from the main service panel to the outbuilding, according to Muhl.

Crews from Huber Heights, Dayton, Wright Patterson and Fairborn responded to this working fire assignment.

http://aimmedianetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/35/2015/10/web1_Fire_Logo2.jpg

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU


12:45 pm
Updated: 12:49 pm. |    
Wayne Homecoming Court announced
12:44 pm |    
Warriors shock Troy
2:12 am
Updated: 2:14 am. |    
Wayne edges Northmont in double OT